Friday, July 1, 2011

Salmon Recipe

My mom, for years, has made the most delicious salmon in the world! Seriously, this stuff is sooooo good! I even have a friend who's husband does NOT like fish....at all.  She made this for him, aaaaand, he now eats salmon! :) So, I'm here to share it with you....oh, and did I mention it's one the easiest and fast recipes I've ever made?!?!

Salmon
1 Fillet of salmon
Spices needed:
Basil
Oregano
Parsley
Italian Seasoning
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
Dill Weed
Season All Salt
Pepper
and really, anything else that might sound delectable on fish
Lemon Juice/ half a lemon
Lime Juice (optional)/ half a lime
Butter
Shredded Parmesan Cheese

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Cover a casserole dish in aluminum foil (I use two, because the fillets I buy are from Costco and HUGE!) and lay the fillet(s) on top. Take the lemon juice, or your half a lemon, and drizzle/squeeze over fish.  Repeat with the lime. Now, this is where the recipe is kinda vague.  My mom is a cook who believes in "to taste" so, with that in mind, just sprinkle on all spices all over the salmon. I would suggest going a little lighter on the basil, onion powder, and pepper.  Cut up small slices of butter and lay on top of the salmon. Put it in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Around the 30 minute mark, take it out briefly to sprinkly parmesan cheese on top. Put back in the oven for 5-10 minutes.  And that's it! All ready to serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment