Saturday, June 25, 2011

Weekend Project

My bestie Michelle and I hung out yesterday for some much needed scrapbooking and girl time! We decided to create some new recipe books using hardback she discovered at a store nearby, so we ventured over to Spoons 'n Spice to pick up a recipe "album" for the project. The idea for the book was to make it over, in a way.  We chose some cute paper (I chose some to match my red kitchen :) ) and used mod podge to recover and seal the book. Then, we recovered the inserts that came with the album (because the colors were WAYYYY off from what I wanted) and, voila! A beautiful new recipe book, ready to use! Mine had some hiccups along the way...the paper on the edges kept tearing, so I tried covering it up with a better quality of paper.  It worked pretty well, but it's not perfect....meh, oh well!  Still looks cute! So glad Michelle found these!

Here's what the book looked like originally.  It was a little over the top for me:


And, here it is, all made over and red!  I found some really cute recipe cards to go with the color scheme.  Win! I'm still not finished decorating it, but it's a work-in-progress.






No comments:

Post a Comment