Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Oh Christmas tree, ohhhhh Christmas tree....




Matt and I had a "Whoville-ish" moment while picking out a tree for my parents, one thing led to another, and suddenly we are putting up our first Christmas tree in the living room!

I love it!

It's a little half-pint tree, as our space is very limited.

But it's perfect, and cute!

I went to Target the next day and picked up some ornaments; I had sooooo much fun decorating!! Aaaand, needless to say, I may have gone a lil' overboard on the lights....eee!

Journey to the tree..... :-)





Lil' bright, maybe??


Ahhh, the perfect tree!


This was our perfect tree (the one in front)....



Matt's mom gave this to me a few years ago, and I was so excited to be able to hang it up this year! I love my little ballerina, she spins when you pull a string and the ornament sings different Nutcracker songs.


Back up people.

Watch out for the pros....we womenfolk stayed out of this, let them handle that one.




The thing you need to understand about my family...putting up a tree is no small task. It takes precision, perserverance, and lots and LOTS of time.

Yeah.

("Tradition!!!!")

My dad has always been a little bit "over-the-top" with the stringing of lights. He must, and I do mean MUST, go in and out of E-VER-Y branch. No joke.


Fire hazard? Yes.

Takes a freakin' week to do? Hoooly hell, YES.

Beautiful though??? YES!

My favorite job was to unravel all of the lights (ya know, only about 550 strands) for him as he put them up. He's become more efficient as the years passed, buuuuuut it's still a two person job if it's going to get done anytime soon....

When we got home, I immediately HAD to decorate the tree, nevermind that it was almost midnight...well, okay it wasn't midnight when we got home, but since we had to tear the house apart to make room, ahem, it got late very fast. 

There may or may not have been a bookcase that was broken in the process of arranging this tree....erm, yah.  Chevy Chase ain't got nothin' on us.

But, it all came together in the end (not to toot my own horn but...toot!!). I think the tree is sooo pretty!



This is me having fun with camera settings...thank you, Pinterest, thank you.


And thank YOU to Target for our cute ornaments!



And Hallmark....


More camera setting experimentation... :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment